Noah and I recently shot a video of the Regimental Brewmiester and while we certainly could have done a better production, we are inspired to create a few more. In this time of social distancing and our parks suffering from ZERO attendance (hence zero revenue), we need to do something to remind people what they love about reenactors and living history so we are in the early stages of creating these videos:
- Colonial Surveyors
- We need a crew of 3 to 5 men in military kit to survey and map a portion of Fort Mifflin. I already have agreement from the fort that we can access the site but we need to develop the program and shoot the film with appropriate social distancing and safeguards. (I have the surveyors gear).
- Colonial Scientist (Transit of Venus 1763, weather observations, spontaneous generation, etc)
- It would be nice to shoot a simulated observatory then step back to a more vlog style discussion of the history.
- Soldiers at Rest (camp cooking, mending, drill, etc)
- We want to keep this simple but show people what they would have seen had they gone to one of the cancelled reeactments. Location can be discussed.
- 18th Century Tavern Games
- I have the games and LOTS of beer. The challenge here is social distance.
- 18th Century Artisans (Chandler, Cordswainer, etc)
- Noah and I may proceed with some of these on our own but if you have a trade, we would love to collaborate and create a bigger film.
The complication with all of these is, of course social distancing and time, so careful planning is a must. I would like your help. If you are willing to collaborate, help write, or even be part of these films, I would like to hear from you. Don’t just binge films at home, lets make something binge worthy of our own. Come help me help others experience history 1st hand.