April 3, 2021 — 10:00am – 3:00pm
Gentleman Scientist at Fort Mifflin
- Discussion of Transit of Venus and the measurement of the Astronomical Unit
- Discussion of critical role of astronomy in 18th Century and a reference to the Vernal Equinox
- Discussion of Enlightenment Science vs “exact sciences” of Aristotle
- Field trip to riverbank and exploration of the new “germ theory” (c1750)
- 18th Century computations
Published by Michael Carver
My goal is to bring history alive through interactive portrayal of ordinary American life in the late 18th Century (1750—1799)
My persona are: Journeyman Brewer; Cordwainer (leather tradesman but not cobbler), Statesman and Orator; Chandler (candle and soap maker); Gentleman Scientist; and,
Soldier in either the British Regular Army, the Centennial Army, or one of the various Militia.
Let me help you experience history 1st hand!
View more posts