This year for Cannonball Tavern I made up a period newspaper with news as it would have been published in March of 1777. I plan to produce souvenir newspapers this year Siege Weekend. The news will be reproduced for the time period (October 1777) as will most of the ads but if you want to place one, I will be accepting ads. The newspaper will be available in both the gift shop (sold) and in the tavern (posted).
I am looking for these sorts of ads:
- Reenactment groups wishing to and recruit new members — FREE this year
- Individuals wishing to: — FREE this year
- Issue public apologies instead (or issue new jibes)
- Recognize significant events
- Call in debts
- Period Sutlers wishing to steer people to their shops — $2/column inch
- Modern businesses advertise their services — $3/column inch
One column inch is roughly 329 characters and I ask that you submit your ad as plain text (email if fine) at least 3 weeks before Siege Weekend so we can revise and agree on final form and formatting. Some modern allowances will be accepted (eg phone numbers and webpage URL) but only images that are line drawings (no color and no shading – think woodcut) will be accepted. I recommend text only ads.