Come to Fort Mifflin tonight at 7:00pm as we transform the Soldier’s Barracks into the Cannonball Tavern, complete with authentic beverages and hearty tavern fare. Enjoy 18th century tavern games, the warm glow of a cozy fire, lively toasting, music and the company of civilians and soldiers of the era. This is a unique opportunity to experience the ambiance of a colonial-era tavern in Philadelphia.
This year we have additions that we hope you will enjoy:
- We have an actual band – Forbes Road Frolic
- We are raffling off various giftables and supplies
- The Regimental Brewmeister has MEAD on tap as well as our traditional Spruce Beer as well as Punch. There will also be a few modern beers from 2SP and wine.
- There will be a TOASTMASTER COMPETITION following which we will award valuable prizes to the two best toasts given.
- There are new tavern games, better food, and a host of other improvements that you must come to find out about
Despite the rain, this promises to be one of our best Cannonball Taverns yet (until next year). There are a few still tickets available and these can even be purchased at the door but they will be much cheaper online.